2/28/11

Winter Remix - Day 25



I feel very Americana in this outfit. What better to wear to eat BBQ?


I met up with a few friends for lunch to experience my first ever Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. It was a hike all the way uptown to get there and by the time we waited for a table lunch turned into 'linner.' But boy! this "honky tonk rib joint" did not disappoint! We were so full off our spicy creole deviled egg and fried green tomato appetizers that by the time our dinner plates arrived we were already taking deep breaths.


I ordered a 1/4 racks of ribs which was about 7 ribs accompanied by cornbread and my choice of two side dishes (mac n'cheese & wedge salad - I'm obsessed). Sad to say, the ribs were just okay. I'm spoiled when it comes to ribs because the Rib House in East Haven, CT has the best ribs I've ever tasted in my life [I grew up just around the corner from there]. The mac n' cheese was certainly full of cheesy deliciousness and the atmosphere was really special. Plus the prices were fantastic! I'm looking forward to another Dino BBQ trip when the weather warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment